Business Process Analyst
As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Business Process Analyst will be responsible for working closely with internal business customers and subject matter experts (SMEs), hosting various elicitation sessions to build and maintain our business process library. The Business Process Analyst will also be helping identify problems and suggesting process improvements within key processes, while working to accomplish and reinforce any process change. This role will also serve as a key point of contact between our business resources and analytics resources in a combined effort to support business process management.
Your Key Responsibilities
Managing Business and System Requirements
- Adopt the guidelines and processes of the Business Process Management program at ASEBP.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, focus groups, and brainstorming sessions to collaborate with the business to build purposeful models and process documentation.
- End to end documentation of ASEBP’s business processes and rules, ensuring documentation maintains privacy of information and follows ASEBP mapping standards.
- Maintenance of the process model library, gaining approvals for current state processes, performing peer reviews and publishing processes for sharing across the organization.
Process Improvement and Opportunity Identification
- Proactively perform analysis (for example, to identify areas for improvement, performance analysis, and process risk) and clearly communicate this information
- Contribute to the development of future state process maps and help identify risks.
- Member of process change implementation focus groups, assisting the business with testing and getting the change organized, progressed and in place. Help drive cross-functional teams towards their goals.
- Work with the business to assist as needed with ongoing process and procedure training to promote a broader and higher level of common understanding throughout the organization.
- Work with project managers to establish timelines for process mapping tasks.
Work closely with Business Intelligence Services and the Project Management Office
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts to ensure knowledge sharing opportunities and project awareness.
- Assist with supporting new initiatives and projects throughout the organization as required by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Work as part of the larger Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team and coordinate efforts around data analysis tasks when required.
- Assist with interpretation of business data requirements for the Business Intelligence department, helps to establish and monitor key performance indicators for processes in the organization.
Your Education and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Certified Business Process Associate (CBPA) in Business Process Management would be an asset.
- Experience process modeling using IBM Blueworks Live (or other BPMN tool) would be an asset.
- Progressive experience at modeling, analyzing, and designing business processes, and identifying and documenting business rules.
- Experience with basic identification and measurement of process performance and process risk.
- Experience with project work, implementing various forms of technology, and solving business process problems.
- Skilled in the art of business process modeling, familiarity with data modeling concepts.
- Strong ability to document processes using business process modeling tools, elicit business rules and articulate problems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating civility.
- Strong facilitation and presentation outcomes.
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail, standards, and best practices.
- Good understanding of process detail levels with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and consensus among diverse groups and progress change.
- A self-starter who actively seeks out and drives opportunities for improving businesses.
How To Apply
This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by 4PM on Wednesday, November 30, 2022. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted after the competition has closed.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now