Careers at ASEBP
When it comes to employee satisfaction and workplace wellness, we don’t just talk the talk. We have worked hard to build a healthy, positive, and inclusive workplace culture that supports the holistic well-being of our employees and fosters their personal and professional success.
Our approach is simple—we support our employees so they can support our covered members and make ASEBP the best it can be.
It’s people that matter most at the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP). Whether it’s our own employees or the covered members we serve, we genuinely care about each and every member of the ASEBP family and we work hard to put them first in everything we do.
If you’re looking to work in a tight-knit, team-oriented culture and are interested in making a positive impact on the lives of Alberta’s school employees, ASEBP is the place for you.
ASEBP is honoured to have been recognized for the following awards.
Alberta’s Top Employers (Canada’s Top 100 Employers)
- 2012 to 2023 | Award Profile
Workplace Benefits Awards (Benefits Canada)
- 2022 – Coronavirus and Benefits (<5,000 employees) and Mental Health (<5,000 employees) | Award Site
- 2020 – Finalist, Coronavirus and Benefits (<1,000 employees) | Award Site
Excellence in Governance Awards (Governance Professionals of Canada)
- 2020 – Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board | Award Site
- Article: Excellence in Governance
Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award (American Psychological Association)
- 2017 – Provincial and International | Press Release
Benefits and Perks
- 35-hour work week
- Flexible work schedules
- Eligible employees may participate in the hybrid workforce program and request one secondary work location within Canada
- Discretionary flex days
- Ample vacation days and sick time
- Earned Day Off (EDO) program
- Premium extended health and dental plan
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Extended Disability Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Health and wellness spending accounts
- Defined-benefit pension plan (through LAPP)
- Paid volunteer hours
- Training and professional development allowance
- Opportunity to attend a Mental Health First Aid workshop
- Modern office space with plenty of natural light and sit/stand desks
- Subsidized, heated underground parking
- Bike racks, locker rooms, and showers
- Variety of staff-led, corporately subsidized events and so much more!
Note that some benefits may vary by contract type.