Benefit Specialists are instrumental in providing information to our covered members about our benefit programs and available services. This information builds the knowledge of our covered members, so they can make informed decisions regarding their benefit plan options and health concerns. Using strong assessment skills, the Benefit Specialist will identify the needs of our covered members and make referrals to the appropriate internal and external resources. The successful candidate will have excellent problem solving and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to investigate health-related issues and provide suitable alternatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide health and benefit information and guidance to members in order to help them identify, understand and make informed decisions regarding their benefit coverage, plan options and their health and wellness needs.
- Analyze information and refer complex claims and benefit inquiries to the appropriate internal or external resources.
- Ensure the integrity of information, including identified issues and trends.
- Document all member interactions.
Your Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience assisting members in a benefits environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and a familiarity with customer relationship management software.
- Completion of a two-year technical or college certificate in group benefits, insurance and risk management, or in a human resources-related field would be preferred.
- CEBS designation is considered an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Fluent in both French and English would be an asset.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Proficient knowledge about group benefits and third party administration.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and understand member needs, and recognize when a referral to additional resources is necessary.
- Ability to effectively and comfortably explore difficult and complex issues, and provide information, alternatives or suggestions.
- Strong typing skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with delivering presentations.
Unique Working Conditions
- This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
- The schedule for this role will be Monday - Friday, with varying 7 hour shifts per day between 7:30AM and 5:15PM.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by 4PM on Friday, March 24, 2023.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now