As part of the Business Intelligence Services department, the Business Analyst will be responsible for working with internal business customers and subject matter experts (SMEs) at ASEBP to identify, document, and interpret requirements of various technical and non-technical solutions and projects. The Business Analyst will engage with business leaders and users to document and optimize data-driven processes and functions across the organization. This role will serve as a key point of contact between business and technical resources in translating requirements into designs and solutions. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for facilitating various elicitation sessions and presenting analysis findings to leadership.
Your Key Responsibilities
Managing Business and System Requirements
- Lead stakeholder interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, and other workshops to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Ensure written requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate, and accurately capture key information required for quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Facilitate the communication between the business and technology areas to ensure that requirements are implemented as intended.
- Conduct review sessions with business and technical stakeholders to validate documentation and ensure that traceability exits with requirements.
Process Improvement and Opportunity Identification
- Document and model existing business process workflows, data flows, and use cases.
- Analyze current process workflows and identify areas for improvement and help develop and implement changes.
- Proactively research, analyze, and diagnose issues as well as identify opportunities for process improvements.
Support Product Owners and Project Teams
- Ensure the products and services being built are working for the end users, by contributing to design, testing, and issue resolution efforts.
- Contribute to the development of solution blueprints and help identify and identify risks.
- Evaluate data and other insights and contribute to comprehensive strategy planning.
- Work with project managers to establish timelines and product benchmarks.
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements.
- Help drive cross-functional teams towards their goals.
- Measure and analyse the value of initiatives and ensure they align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Coordinate with other product teams to synchronize efforts.
- Act as the liaison between the various departments, Information Technology Services and Business Intelligence Services.
Work closely with Business Intelligence Services and the Project Management Office
- Assists with supporting new initiatives and projects throughout the organization as required by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Work as part of the larger Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team and coordinate efforts around data analysis tasks when required.
- Interpret the business data requirements for the Business Intelligence department and help to establish and monitor key performance indicators across the organization.
Your Education and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- Certified Associate in Business Analysis or Project Management certification would be an asset.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Progressive experience at analyzing and solving business problems by implementing IT solutions.
- Experience with business analysis driven road mapping and forecasting would be an asset.
- Experience with process and data visualization as well as report writing.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile driven development would be an asset.
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in the use of business software suites.
- Strong ability to document processes and elicit functional, business and technical requirements.
- Meticulous and consistent in documentation and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated SQL and T-SQL skills as well as familiarity with data modeling concepts.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with Power BI.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse groups.
- A self-starter who actively seeks out and drives opportunities for improving businesses.
- Familiarity with basic programing and technical architecture concepts.
Unique Working Conditions
- This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now