Supervisor, Account Services
The Supervisor, Account Services oversees the team responsible for ASEBP's spending accounts administration services, accounts payable administration services, and individual accounts administration services. This role promotes efficiency and effectiveness in the related financial processes and financial internal controls, contributes to operational planning for the area and monitors progress against established goals. The Supervisor, Account Services ensures the success of the financial services department through a focus on review and quality control of work performed, staff and team development, oversight of day-to-day operations, and cross-departmental collaboration.
Your Key Responsibilities
Review and quality control of work performed
- Recommend and implement process, system, and reporting related changes as part of a continual effort to ensure that the work completed meets quality expectations.
- Review of all inputs prepared by the Account Services team for use in recurring management and financial reporting, including working papers, analysis and reconciliations.
- Advise on and perform review of non-routine transactions.
- Review work received by stakeholders outside Account Services (e.g. communications, forms, tax slips and filings, invoices, statements and notifications to covered member and employer groups).
- Monitor spending accounts expenses to ensure they are screened in accordance with established allowable expenses.
- Review process and procedure documentation prepared by staff to ensure it meets established documentation standards.
- Ensure organizational expectations around how work is conducted are being met (e.g. privacy and document storage and retention requirements).
- Monitor the performance of financial internal controls, identify gaps and implement internal controls to address them.
- Propose service standards and monitor work against established standards.
Provide day to day leadership, supervision and performance management within the team.
- Supervise the team in a manner consistent with ASEBP's strategic direction and pursuit of operational excellence.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring to employees, ensuring they receive timely feedback to maximize their performance.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to inform performance management.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with ASEBP's performance review process.
- Participate in recruitment, in conjunction with the manager, and provide orientation and training of new employees.
- Provide ongoing training and feedback to team members regarding organizational policies, team processes and safety protocols.
- Encourage staff professional development, goal setting and career progression, and identify relevant opportunties.
- Ensure there is in-depth cross training of staff on all recurring processes.
- In conjunction with the manager and human resources, address performance and conduct issues.
- Create an onboarding program for new employees within the team.
Assist in the oversight of day-to-day operations.
- Oversee staff work assignment and daily activities and assist the manager with ensuring work is prioritized appropriately.
- Ensure staff is performing work with accordance with existing procedures, processes, and policy
- Review existing procedures and processes and identify, recommend, and implement improvements to ensure efficiency and alignment with best practices.
- Provide project management of recurring processes which require contributions from multiple individuals and/or departments, and oversee Account Services staff in project management activities where appropriate.
- Support staff in documenting existing and new procedures and processes, ensuring documentation is continuously updated for any subsequent changes made.
- Participate in planning for the department and identify new internal projects or initiatives.
- Work closely with Supervisor, Financial Reporting Services on the coordination of processes that cross over between the two financial services teams.
Provide finance information and expertise throughout ASEBP
- Collaborate with other business areas to ensure ongoing smooth delivery of services, projects and programs.
- Address business challenges by supporting the implementation of cross-functional process and system related solutions
- Oversee issues investigation, analysis and solutioning work that is performed by Account Services staff
- Participate in the development of documentation, presentations, and other materials to provide other teams with relevant information relating to financial processes and policies.
- Represent the interests of the Account Services team in the prioritization of ASEBP product development
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Five to ten years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and supervising others.
- Benefits and/or insurance experience, including spending accounts administration, is an asset.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central experience is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, internal controls, and financial processes.
- Strong technical skills related to preparation of financial working papers and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying process improvements and developing, recommending, and implementing solutions.
- Significant experience in working with financial systems, including system upgrades and implementations, and ability to learn new software applications.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Project management experience.
- Transformational leadership skills, including strong emotional intelligence, and the ability to effectively give and receive feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workflow and priorities to meet the needs of internal and customers on a timely basis.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and present information to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Excel as an analytical tool.
- Experience with Vena is an asset.
Unique Working Conditions
- This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This position will remain open until it is filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now