Mobile Application Developer
As part of the Business Technology Services department, the Mobile Application Developer is responsible for the full range of mobile application development, implementation, maintenance and support functions. The Mobile Application Developer is accountable for the design and development of technical specifications that enhance ASEBP business processes, and ensures that industry best practices are applied. The position is also responsible for ensuring product acceptance through test planning and execution.
Your Key Responsibilities
Develop, implement and maintain the enterprise architecture
- Design and develop new applications and features to support ASEBP’s business, utilizing the latest best practices in application development.
- Make necessary changes/enhancements to existing applications to resolve system and related business process issues.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts to review business requirements and functional designs.
- Ensure technical designs of applications are architected to be flexible, scalable and maintainable.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding and corrections.
Tier 2 support for applications
- Provide assistance to and consult with ASEBP employees as required.
- Respond to escalated IT service requests; determine root cause problems and resolve.
- Analyze systems issues from a technical perspective, then take or recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Contribute to IT knowledge base to ensure effective knowledge transfer between ASEBP employees.
- Identify, design and develop system changes that will streamline business processes, enhance data flow between systems and increase system performance.
- Use a consultative approach with customer groups to gather requirements, design and develop custom Application Programming Interfaces (API).
- Investigate and develop root cause fixes for data issues across integrated systems.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in computer science or information technology. A bachelor’s degree would be an asset.
- Three to five years’ experience using the following tools, frameworks and languages:
- Apple Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio
- React, AngularJS, REST APIs, TestFlight, Microsoft AppCenter
- SharePoint, Microsoft Azure DevOps
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience with client server environments.
- The desire to work in a strong team environment to achieve organizational goals, with the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Experience with Apple and Google release strategies.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Experience with SQL or other query tools.
- Experience writing test scripts/test cases.
- Experience with micro-service architecture development.
- Demonstrated understanding of integration design patterns.
- Experience working in Agile development projects.
- Benefits and/or insurance experience considered an asset.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify system inefficiencies, determine possible solutions and communicate those ideas effectively.
How To Apply
This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.Apply Now