Learning and Development Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development Specialist to join our team in Edmonton. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resource Services, this role will develop and administer a full learning and development strategy for ASEBP. This includes collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to understand their needs, and ensure that learning and development programs support the organization's broader goals.
The ideal candidate have five to ten years of demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, planning, leading and implementing successful workplace learning initiatives and programs. They will be a true generalist with an ability to think strategically around learning and development needs, while also working hands-on to develop and deliver training programs, and build learning paths for roles across the organization.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive learning strategy that aligns with ASEBP's overall strategic goals. Refine and update the strategy as needed. Communicate the learning strategy to employees and other stakeholders, advocating for its value and importance.
- Develop and design internal training programs that are aligned with the larger strategy, including in-person courses, e-learning courses and blended programs. Work with and coordinate third-party vendors when needed.
- Work with business units to develop competency maps and structured, role-based learning paths for all roles at ASEBP, ensuring that learning objectives are tied to competency maps.
- Deliver training programs when appropriate, either in person or virtually, in a way that engages and motivates participants.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of training programs, using the feedback to improve and refine L&D offerings.
- Provide support and expertise to the redevelopment of a learning and development policy.
- Provide support to the performance management program, working closely with the manager, leadership and executive team. This includes ensuring that performance management objectives are tied to competency maps and learning outcomes.
- Provide other support as needed, providing subject matter expertise to projects and initiatives as required.
Your Education and Experience
- A university degree in education, business or a related field.
- A certificate in adult learning would be an asset.
- A minimum of five to ten years of related experience.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, planning, leading and implementing successful workplace learning initiatives.
- Knowledge of LMS platforms and experience using them to deliver and track e-learning programs.
- Proficiency in using e-learning authoring tools and technologies, such as Articulate, Captivate or iSpring to develop eLearning modules and courses.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest learning and development trends and best practices, and continuously seeking new and innovative ways to improve the organization's L&D offerings.
- Strong instructional design skills, with demonstrated experience creating engaging in-person, e-learning and blended programs.
- Demonstrated experience creating competency maps for a variety of roles.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, including strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with a variety of audiences: leaders, front line employees, and other external stakeholders.
- Positive facilitation, coaching and communication skills, including ability to develop supporting materials (presentations and handout content).
- Ability to contribute positively within a team environment.
- Problem solving skills, with an ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in sourcing service providers.
- Understanding of human resource and business strategy principles.
Unique Working Conditions
This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
ASEBP aims to create an environment that promotes equity and values the unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions of individuals. We understand that by creating such an environment we can support our workforce and better serve the needs of Alberta's public education sector. All candidates who meet the required qualifications for this role are encouraged to apply.
About Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
The Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) is a health and welfare trust governed by ten Trustees, five of whom are appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five of whom are appointed by the Alberta Teachers' Association. ASEBP promotes programs that sustain healthy lifestyles and workplaces for over 60,000 covered members in almost 60 school jurisdictions across Alberta.
Working for ASEBP is about more than supplying great benefits. ASEBP offers:
- a team-focused culture that supports people and performance
- competitive compensation that goes far beyond a paycheque
- an exciting chance to make an impact in the lives of Alberta's school employees
- advancement opportunities in a stable, growing organization
- a wide range of health and wellness initiatives that encompass mental, physical and nutritional health
For more information about ASEBP, please visit the "About" section of our website (www.asebp.ca).
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website (www.asebp.ca). This posting will remain open until the role has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check and/or education and employment verification.
Please note that an account will automatically be created for you during the application process if you do not have an ApplicantPro account set up already.Apply Now