Lead Application Developer
As part of the Business Technology Services department, the Lead Application Developer is responsible for the architecture, design, development, oversight, and maintenance of ASEBP's applications. The Lead Application Developer will ensure that ASEBP's development is following best practice patterns and technologies.
Your Key Responsibilities
Planning, research, design, oversight and guidance
- Identifies current and upcoming technology trends and builds recommendations and plans to ensure ASEBP is in a good position to transition to newer technology
- Considers the breadth of ASEBP's systems to help the development team understand downstream impacts of decisions being made today
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in design, development and testing, and provides guidance into how to apply these changes
- Guides the development and project teams in identifying priorities and approaches on feature development
Develop, implement and maintain enterprise architecture
- Designs and develops new features to support business process and maintains existing applications, resolving business issues and enhancing functionality
- Ensures technical designs of applications are flexible, scalable and maintainable
- Focuses on finding root causes of issues and develops permanent solutions for long-term strategic resolutions
- Abides by and maintains the ASEBP development standards and best practices
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic and corrections
- Coordinates user acceptance testing
Application Performance & Security Monitoring
- Identifies key performance indicators for application performance, and develops process for monitoring application performance
- Develops, maintains and reviews security implementations to ensure they are following industry best practices
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a related two to three year technical or community college certificate or diploma
- Eight or more years of development experience, with progressive experience leading development teams
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) would be considered an asset
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated the design of efficient, scalable software solutions
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience with SPA and microservice architecture
- Exceptional understanding of modern coding patterns with the latest Microsoft development tools and frameworks, including Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Strong customer service, customer relationship and customer responsiveness skills
- The desire to work in a strong team environment to achieve organizational goals and share knowledge openly
- The ability to work with minimal supervision while demonstrating excellent time management skills
- Several years of experience with SQL, or other query tools, experience writing complex queries and scripts/test cases
- Familiarity and experience with Android and iOS development patterns
- Ability to translate industry standards and best practices into workable operational strategies for ASEBP
- Experience implementing unit testing in all applications
- Benefits and/or insurance experience considered an asset
- Experience with formal change management processes and managing change
- Thorough understanding of accepted troubleshooting and analysis methodologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify system and organizational problems, determine possible solutions, and communicate these ideas effectively
How To Apply
Please note that all things being equal, preference will be given to internal candidates.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, and/or education and employment verification.