Guided by the principles of the Institute of Internal Auditors, this role is the sole provider of internal audit services for the organization. The Internal Auditor works collaboratively with all areas, gathering relevant information to assess risk management and control processes and reports for the Trustees. This role brings a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of administrative risk management, control, and management processes. The Internal Auditor delivers accurate and reliable information and service to staff, management and the Audit & Risk Committee. This role is responsible and reports to the Audit & Risk Committee and administratively to the CEO.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop the annual risk-based audit plan and resource schedule for the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Prepare quarterly and ad-hoc updates on the audit plan, schedule, and audit results.
- Develop and update Internal Audit Terms of Reference for the Audit & Risk Committee annually.
- Oversee the annual regulatory compliance reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Monitor the Ethics Hot Line and reporting as per the Whistleblower Protection Program.
- Coordinate with Risk Management to manage risk exposures and assessments.
- Prepare and manage cybersecurity and penetration testing audit projects.
- Coordinate internal audit projects with the external auditor and act as a liaison.
- Work with third party provider to develop and coordinate an annual audit and other related work.
- Evaluate the performance, effectiveness, and efficiency of risk-based audits being reviewed.
- Conducts presentations to elicit feedback and provide both formal and informal recommendations and advice.
- Work in a team managing projects and risk-based planning of assigned projects.
- Identify problems, investigate outcomes, offer innovative and creative solutions, develop conceptual frameworks through strong analytical skills, and recommend proves improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with service providers’ internal audit departments to ensure that their activities are appropriately controlled.
- Chair and attend regular meetings of the ASEBP/ABC Audit Sub-Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively complex experience in auditing.
- Professional internal auditing accreditation (CIA, CISA, CRM, CGAP, or CFE) is an asset.
- Experience in a health, insurance and/or benefits administration environment is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal auditing standards as they relate to both government and industry.
- Information technology audit knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Awareness of fraud risks and understanding of internal controls to mitigate such risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workflow and priorities to meet the needs of internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and present information to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability in using MS Office applications and a variety of audit software.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
This position is currently working from home and will be eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program when the office reopens.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.