We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team in Edmonton. Reporting to the Supervisor, Executive Support, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to ASEBP’s trustees, executive team, and their respective committees. As a proactive, organized, detail-oriented individual with a commitment to service excellence, the successful candidate will be a trusted member of the Executive Support Service team helping the executive team and trustees fulfill ASEBP’s mission. The support provided will range from taking meeting minutes at a strategic level, assisting with projects, reporting, and providing day-to-day assistance to the executive team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Schedule and attend trustee and various committee meetings including arrangement of meeting requirements (equipment, catering, etc.), creating agendas, recording proceedings, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Ensure meeting attendees are prepared for meetings and presentations by providing all relevant background materials and preparing information in advance of the meeting.
- Update and revise the Governance and Administration Manual (GAM) and the ARC and EDBAC manuals as required.
- Make travel arrangements as required, and provide travel and expense support to the Trustees and executive team
- Conduct Avanti orientation for new Trustees in conjunction with the Lead, Payroll Services.
- Support executive team in budget preparations and monitoring.
- Receive, review and distribute confidential incoming mail.
- Produce correspondence as requested which may include confidential or sensitive material.
- Attach electronic signatures, protect documents for electronic transmission and maintain log for use of electronic signature.
- Assist with policy appeals (compilation, review and correspondence) and create semi-annual policy appeal reporting to the Trustees.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Manage Outlook calendars, including regular calendar reviews, and ensure time is prioritized and coordinated.
- Assist with internal and external reporting, including research and producing regularly scheduled reports.
- Maintenance of various SharePoint portals including Trustee, Quarterly Management Meeting, Chief Executive Team and Executive Risk Committee portals.
- Transcribe, format, input and edit written materials for trustee meetings as well as executive-level internal and external meetings.
- Provide administrative support to senior leadership, Risk Analyst, and Legal Services Coordinator & Privacy Officer as needed.
- Work in coordination with the other executive assistants to ensure seamless delivery of administrative support.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two year technical or community college certificate in office/business administration.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years related administration experience in an executive-level office.
- Experience in insurance and/or benefits administration is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working with executive-level employees.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and web based applications. Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint as well as Diligent software is an asset.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner.
- The desire to work within a team environment to meet organizational goals, with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
How To Apply
This position is currently working from home and will be eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program when the office reopens.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.