Disability Payment Specialist
The Disability Payment Specialist will oversee the workload and functioning of the finance component of Extended Disability Benefits (EDB). This role works closely with the Disability Services team to provide detailed financial calculations that enable timely and accurate explanation and payment of EDB, including semi-monthly payroll runs for EDB clients, and monitoring and responding to automatically generated and manually received tasks. The successful candidate will also undertake various data transactions, which may include requests for benefit calculations, setting up or changing offsets for clients on rehabilitation or progressive disability, reconciling client files, and following up with Canada Pension Plan and any other matters pertaining to EDB clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Oversee EDB payments and assign files to Disability Payment Coordinators.
- Ensure proper quality control through the review of data inputs made by Disability Payment Coordinators.
- Ensure data integrity; perform data reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end working papers for EDB.
- Manage tasks received from the Disability Services team or system-generated tasks (FINEOS).
- Responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests.
- Perform statistical analysis for quarterly reporting.
- Review EDB payroll for transmission to bank.
- Reconcile and prepare T4As.
- Assist in the review of processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meetings, project work and other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in accounting/finance, payroll or similar discipline.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Experience in benefits administration, health, or insurance environment is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and an ability to work with both mainframe and PC computer systems.
- Experience with complex calculations, account reconciliation, reviewing annual T4A’s, source deductions and understanding the tax implications of income from multiple sources.
- Sound working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting.
- Ability to function independently as well as the ability to assist in completing components of larger tasks.
- Strong customer service focus with an ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with other staff, insured clients and school jurisdiction representatives.
- Ability to organize workflow and priorities to meet the needs of a variety of clients.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.