Disability Payment Coordinator
The Disability Payment Coordinator provides a detailed review of calculations and efficient processing of adjustments to ensure accurate and timely payment of extended disability benefits (EDB) payments to covered members. The successful candidate will be responsible for detailed benefit calculations, initial set-up and updates to benefit payment offsets, rehabilitation/progressive disability earnings, garnishments, and more. The Disability Payment Coordinator is responsible for the financial reconciliation of individual claims, providing a concise and professional explanation of the supporting calculations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the detailed review of calculations and efficient processing of adjustments in support of accurate payment of extended disability benefits.
- Prepare EDB payroll for transmission to bank.
- Ensure data integrity through self and peer review of thorough data reconciliations.
- Contact school jurisdictions for employee earnings information.
- Effectively manage work volume through prioritization and timely turnaround of tasks and requests received, from both internal and external parties.
- Assist with completion of overpayment recovery plans as required.
- Complete bank reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Assist with processing annual T4As, preparing source deductions, and understanding the tax implications of income from multiple sources.
- Responsible for conducting annual audits on files for other sources of income.
- Prepare bank reconciliation and receiver general remittances.
- Attend meetings, conduct project work, and perform other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in Accounting or Payroll.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Experience with group benefits administration is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and an ability to work with multiple systems.
- Payroll and accounting experience such as calculation of benefits and payroll account reconciliation.
- Sound working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting programs and systems.
- Ability to manage work volume, and prioritize effectively to ensure department service standards are consistently met.
- Strong customer service focus with an ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with other employees, covered members and school jurisdiction representatives.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume. This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, and/or education and employment verification.