Administrative Coordinator, Human Resource Services
We have an exciting opportunity at the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) for an Administrative Coordinator to join our human resource services team. The successful candidate will support a number of key HR business processes including recruitment, HRIS management, and HR programs. The ideal candidate is an experienced administrative professional with strong organizational skills and the desire to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficient HR administration throughout the employee lifecycle such as processing new hires, onboarding, orientation, benefits, and terminations.
- Prepare and review various documents, letters and forms as required.
- Assist with data entry in the payroll and HR systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for HR administrative procedures and processes.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure information is shared effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records. Ensure files and documents are maintained, stored, and disposed of in accordance with the records retention policy and best practices.
- Responsible for researching, reconciling, summarizing, tracking, reviewing and updating information from a variety of sources, including providing or obtaining information from internal and external contacts.
- Assist with on-boarding and employee status change activities including scheduling orientations, data entry, and ordering business cards.
- Assist with reporting as required.
- Maintain various HR spreadsheets and create others as required.
- Provide other administrative support to the HR team for all HR programs and initiatives as required.
- Responsible for updating org charts on a regular basis.
- Maintain files and tracking spreadsheets relating to employee leaves of absence.
- Support and participate in HR team initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in office/business administration.
- A minimum of one to three years of related administration experience.
- Experience working in a human resource or payroll environment is an asset.
- Experience in a health, insurance and/or benefits administration environment is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of labour and employment laws, regulations, procedures and standards in Alberta is an asset.
- Ability to organize workflow and priorities to meet the needs of a variety of clients.
- Ability to use a high level of discretion regarding confidential information.
- The desire to work within a team environment to meet organizational goals, with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Unique Working Conditions
This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid workforce program.
How To Apply
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by 4PM on Friday, May 13, 2022.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check and/or education and employment verification.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.